About The Business
Vida Glow is a fast-growing global company that offers a range of premium wellness and beauty supplements.
Vida Glows products are sold online and extensively in retail outlets all over the world.
We are seeking a passionate, self-driven and enthusiastic New Product Development Manager with a positive attitude and great work ethic to join our team.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to management, you will oversee the projects and timelines for new products developed within our business.
- Develop and manage projects from ideation to product delivery.
- Research, understand and assess the market to identify product trends while trying to gain a competitive edge.
- Develop new product briefs and work with suppliers from initial briefing and sampling to costings and approved product.
- Assist the business with market analysis to provide information for current and potential new market opportunities.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, evaluating new product ideas.
- Collaborating with the sales and marketing teams on early concept development within space.
- Working closely with the design team creating product labels, nutritional panels and finished product documentation ensuring all packaging and product information are compliant.
- Reporting on the status of new products in the new product development process to management.
- Liaise with suppliers to investigate opportunities for new ingredients, including ingredient assessment.
- Conduct competitor analysis and assess market competition by comparing product to competitors' products.
- Daily liaison with products supplier/warehouse
- Liaising with the internal sales and production teams for new product orders to meet scheduled production dates.
- Assisting the marketing and sales team members to develop clear and concise new product briefs.
- Reviewing, monitoring and reporting on performance against project plans to management.
- Work with legal and regulatory parties in order to substantiate claims and label compliance.
Skills and experience
Attention to detail and organisation skills are vital, as is an ability to manage a wide array of projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably obtained in the luxury, cosmetics or FMCG industries.
- Strong technical knowledge of product development.
- A high degree of commercial acumen with good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects to successful outcomes.
- A commitment to provide the highest quality products.
- A positive 'can do' attitude with strong time management and organisational skills.
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Creative flair in relation to innovative ideas.
- Detail oriented and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Hands-on career experience in an innovation or product development role.
- Effective project, time management and multitasking skills.
- Professional oral and written communication skills and computer literacy.
- A passion for beauty innovation and a sound knowledge of beauty industry.
- Strong relationship management skills with both internal and external stakeholders. Able to work autonomously but also a team player.
- Skilled in problem solving and trouble shoots issues that arise during development and commercialisation on projects.
- A highly organised, exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and a cover letter stating why you think you are the right person for the role.