After exercise you may find yourself sore, irritable and lethargic. While exercise is great for your skin, energy and overall health, dismissing recovery as part of your work out routine is more damaging than you may realise.
Recovery should be seen as one of if not the most important part of any exercise routine as recovering correctly will allow your body to train better and more effectively.
Recovery is the time when the real training effects will start to take place on your body therefore focusing on this area of exercise is key for effective results. To recover properly you can limit yourself from injury and fluid loss as well as allow your body to replenish energy stores and damaged tissues.
After exercise, you need to refuel your body to make up for energy stores lost to help recover and repair tissues. Ideally, eating high quality protein sixty minutes after exercise will help with the recovery process.
Vida Glow’s Beauty Balance has been created to replenish your energy stores and fluids lost after exercise. With active ingredients of magnesium, calcium and potassium, these miracle minerals help with your electrolyte balance in your body which is essential for hydration. Moreover, organic pea protein has been added into the blend to recover muscles correctly for a lean and toned appearance.
Post workout recipes
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Yoghurt Parfait
1/2 cup greek yoghurt
1/2 cup granola or gluten free muesli (as used in image)
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
Optional sprinkle of chocolate chips
1 Scoop of Beauty Balance
- Begin by layering the greek yoghurt in cup then top with granola
- Layer again with greek yoghurt and place sliced bananas on top
- Drizzle peanut butter on top of bananas
- Finish with chocolate chips (optional)
Mango Banana Smoothie
1 cup frozen mango
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1 scoop of Beauty Balance
- Place bananas and frozen mango into a blender or high pressure processor
- Pour 1/4 cup of almond milk into blender or high pressure processor
- Add the scoop of Beauty Balance
- Blend the ingredients together and enjoy!
Coconut Choc Balls
2 cups medjool dates (seeds removed)
1 cup almonds
1 cup hazelnuts
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 scoop Beauty Balance
- Add dates and nuts into a food processor and blend for approximately 20 seconds.
- Add in cocoa and coconut, then blend for another 40-60 seconds, or until mixture fully combines together.
- Roll into bite sized balls
(Store in the fridge for up to one week)
Simple Beauty Balance
Combine one scoop of Beauty Balance in water to replace electrolytes lost from sweat